Citrus Honey Garlic Salmon
This recipe works for any size piece of salmon! If you use less salmon, use less ingredients!
- 1 lb fillet of Salmon
- 3 TBSP of Butter
- 2-3 limes
- 3-4 cloves of garlic
- 2 TBSP of Honey
- A big pinch of fresh herbs – These can include Cilantro / Dill / Parsley
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- Take a big enough piece of tinfoil to wrap around the salmon to create a sealable packet and spray it with cooking spray
- Lay the salmon skin-side down in the foil packet
- Mince up garlic cloves and herbs relatively fine
- Zest (or cut off the outer skin and very finely chop) 2 limes and juice them into a bowl.
- Mix in that bowl: Honey / Brown Sugar/ Lime Zest / Herbs / Garlic / Juice of both limes
- Pour mixture over the salmon – spreading evenly
- top with lime slices and 2-3 TBSP of butter
- Close packet by folding each end several times
- bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes ( or try the grill – medium heat for 10 minutes!)
- For safety and perfection – use a thermometer on the thickest part of the fillet and test the Salmon to 145 degrees
- Open and Enjoy!
Loaded Black & Bleu Nachos
- 2 TBSP Butter
- 2 TBSP Flour
- 2 Cups Milk
- 8 oz Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 2-4 oz Bleu Cheese Crumbles
- 2 TBSP Favorite Cajun Seasoning.
- Salt & Pepper
The Bleu cheese and Cajun seasoning are completely optional. I happen to have a cajun bleu cheese seasoning mix from Spiceology.com that works amazing for nacho cheese. If you do not like Blue cheese or simply want a basic cheese sauce then skips those ingredients and double you shredded cheddar cheese to a full pound(16oz).